Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
The Master’s program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (EIM) provides students with an entrepreneurial attitude and skill set that can help them to create new businesses or innovate existing businesses. Addressing problems related to business, society and the environment requires creative ideas as well as a solid understanding of customer and market development. The program offers a learning experience where theory and practice are highly interlinked, preparing graduates for entrepreneurship-inspired career paths – ranging from founding and growing a startup to leading innovation inside any organization. To get a headstart in these careers, students are invited to join Aalto’s renowned entrepreneurship community and student-led initiatives such as Aaltoes, Slush and Junction.
You are eligible to apply in master's admissions if you have a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor's degree must be equivalent to 180 ECTS credits or three years of full-time study. The degree must give eligibility to apply for master’s degree studies at university in the awarding country. The awarding higher education institution has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country. It has to be accredited as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Venture ideation 1
- Entrepreneurship and Society
- Researching Entrepreneurship and Innovation 2
- Capstone: Business Development Project (Entrepreneurship)
- Doing Qualitative Research
- Doing Quantitative Research
- Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis Seminar
- Maturity Test
Program elective studies
Want to learn more about creating and managing start-up businesses?
- Venture formation
- Market Entry Strategies for Entrepreneurial Business
- Entrepreneurship and Managing Innovations
- Data-Driven Business
- Storytelling - a Narrative Approach for Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Storytelling
- Doing Business in China
- Doing Business in Russia
- Business Presentations
- Business Negotiations
- Master's level courses from Aalto Ventures Program AVP
Interested in sustainability with a spin of enterprise, policy, and innovation?
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- How to change the world: Innovating toward sustainability
- Sustainability in Business 1
- Dialogues on Corporate Responsibility in Global Economy
- Accounting for Sustainability
- Sustainability in International Business 2
- Sustainable Marketing
- Corporate Responsibility Communication
Thinking about a career in corporate strategy and management consulting?
- Managing Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategy Work
- Innovation, Strategic Resilience and Renewal
- Corporate Governance
- Institutions, Partnerships, and Responsible Business
- Corporate Financial Management
- Tax challenges for Multinational Enterprises
- Strategy Communication
- Change Management and Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
Other elective studies:
- Project Work 1
- Current issues in entrepreneurship and innovation 2
The full tuition price for non-EU/EEA citizens is €15000 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with a Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration) degree.
The degree grants eligibility for doctoral studies.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management graduates possess extremely diverse career opportunities in the highly dynamic, competitive and uncertain world of business. As many of EIM graduates are passionate about creating something new on their own, they very often find themselves in creative roles. On top of that, they are well qualified for project management, consultancy or any other business function where a holistic mastery of a larger business entity is called for. EIM graduates' usual career paths include, for example:
- Founding their own company
- Working in a startup, venture fund or other startup system organization
- Developing new products, services and concepts within an established firm
- Acting as a consultant for a diverse range of organisations on how to improve their innovativeness and how to commercialise new products and services
- Leading complex projects and innovation in larger for- or non-profit organizations
- Taking on an entrepreneurship/innovation specialist role in the public sector at regional, national or supra-national (EU, OECD) levels
Aalto University has well-established career services which help you get employed in Finland and abroad. Aalto students tend to find good positions with ease upon their graduation. There is also a very active entrepreneurship community at Aalto, which can help as a springboard for founding a company. Finally, if an academic career is of interest, the Master’s program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management is a great foundation for doctoral studies.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...