About this program
Master’s Program in Manufacturing (EIT Manufacturing Master School) - Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility
Master’s Programme in Manufacturing study track Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility (AM) is a combination of studying manufacturing science including physics of additive manufacturing processes, mechanical design including exploiting the design freedoms enabled for more customized products and services, and production management including the flexibility enabled for smaller lot production. During the programme students will gain new skills in these areas. In manufacturing science, relevant fields include molten material physics, heat transfer, and deformation.
You are eligible to apply in master's admissions if you have a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor's degree must be equivalent to 180 ECTS credits or three years of full-time study. The degree must give eligibility to apply for master’s degree studies at university in the awarding country. The awarding higher education institution has to be a recognised part of the official national education system of the country. It has to be accredited as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organisation (such as UNESCO).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The programme is a double degree programme, which means that you will study at two European universities and in two different countries. Upon fulfilment of all degree requirements, students receive two degrees: one from the entry university and another one from the exit university.
The programme follows the embedded model of EIT labelled programmes where innovation and entrepreneurship studies are integrated.
The double-degree programme is implemented jointly by leading European universities. The students can select their preferred first (entry) and second (exit) year universities. Each university has a unique specialisation area, which allows students to select their own second year area of expertise. At Aalto University, students can learn in AM-track about physics of additive manufacturing processes, mechanical design including exploiting the design freedoms enabled for more customized products and services, and production management including the flexibility enabled for smaller lot production.
This programme is delivered in various locations. Please visit the university website for more information.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website
Degree: Master of Science (Technology)
Credits: 120 ECTS
A student who graduates from the Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility (AM) shall:
- have broad knowledge of theories and concepts in urban planning, transport and sustainability, and its disciplinary foundations, proven experience in working with methodological knowledge in the area of manufacturing challenges, and a considerable degree of specialised knowledge of multidisciplinary decision support systems for manufacturing.
- be able to critically, independently and creatively participate in strategic work to meet manufacturing-related problems and to be able to relate these measures to sustainable social development,
- be able to implement the gained engineering expertise in AM to create new or improved methods, techniques, products, and services in the field;
- be able to think beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries to find innovative solutions to real-world problems and to come up with new ideas;
- be able to draw up plans and to make decisions foreseeing future consequences from a scientific, ethical, and societal perspective;
- be able to turn innovations in the area into feasible and successful business solutions;
- be able to profitably work in small size teams and contexts by taking into account all relevant elements and showing effective decision-making and leadership abilities.
Education and training are at heart of EIT innovation model. EITM’s educational mission is to raise a next generation of manufacturing innovators and entrepreneurs to Europe. EIT Master School offers unique education that is both innovation and entrepreneurship driven with students in the center and supported by wide EIT community and networking possibilities.
The vision of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology is to become a leading European initiative that empowers innovators and entrepreneurs to develop world-class solutions to societal challenges and create growth and skilled jobs.
The possible future career for the graduates includes rapid prototyping, flexible pattern and mold manufacturing, lightweight systems, and flexible manufacturing systems.
During the master programme experience, the students will learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems and a solid background with well-founded scientific knowledge with a significant technical and application content, favouring immediate entrance to job market.
About this institute
With a unique combination of technology, arts and business programmes, of which more than 100 are offered in English, Aalto University is an excellent study choice for international students. Around 25% of our 13,000 degree students are international, making us...
Be the first to write a review!