Displaying 21-40 of 45435 results
Learn how we sort results
Do you want to learn how we sort our results? Read more about how programs are ranked in the search results.
Displaying 21-40 of 45435 results

More about Study in the UK

Education System

The UK education system comprises of three levels of study – a Bachelor’s degree at undergraduate level and Master’s and Doctorate (PhD) courses at postgraduate level. Bachelor’s degrees are three years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and four years in Scotland. Master’s degrees are usually one year of full time study or two years of part time, whilst PhDs can last up to five years. There is an incredibly broad and flexible range of undergraduate study in the UK, while postgraduate students are expected to specialize and produce original research.

Housing and Living Costs

International students who choose to study in the UK are guaranteed university-owned housing or 'halls' in their first year, which are divided into catered and self-catered. The first option usually consists of rooms with communal kitchens, living spaces and bathrooms with a catered canteen. The second option comprises of apartments of up to seven or eight students with their own amenities, including a self-catered kitchen. After your first year, you will generally be expected to find your own housing whether this be through an estate agent or private landlord.

Tuition Fees

Fees for studying in the United Kingdom vary greatly depending on whether you are an EU or non-EU citizen. Students from within the EU pay the same fees as home students, which is up to £9250 per academic year in England, up to £9000 in Wales, up to £4,030 in Northern Ireland and free in Scotland. International students must pay considerably more to study in the UK – between £10,000 and £30,000 per year depending on the chosen degree.

Language and Culture

English is the fourth most spoken language in the world, as well as the language of the international professional world. Therefore, whether you choose to simply soak up the culture through exposure or undertake a formal language course, learning or improving your English whilst studying in the UK would be invaluable. UK qualifications for English language instruction are internationally respected.

Entry Requirements and Student Visas

Entry to undergraduate study is handled by UCAS, whose website receives all applications. Each course has its own entry requirements – the academic qualifications that you are required to have in order to undertake the university course. You will need to submit proof of these qualifications, as well as a personal statement and a proof of language proficiency if you are a non-native speaker. For Master’s or PhD courses, applications should go straight to your chosen institution of study.

If you are a non-EU student, you will need a visa to study in the UK. This could be a Short-Term Visa, Tier 4 (General) Student Visa or a Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa depending on duration of study. Whether you are allowed to work in the UK or extend the visa is dependent on which one you are applying for. To get a visa you will be required to provide some or all of the following: Passport details, a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’, a ‘secure English language test’ and proof that you are able to support yourself financially.

To learn more about studying abroad in the United Kingdom, check out our informative guide!


Do you want to study abroad?

Scholarship Directory

Looking for scholarships to make your dream of studying abroad possible? We've compiled 440+ scholarships available for international students!

Access the Scholarship Directory