Show educations.com as: Mobile

Study medicine in Romania? - Forum

4/14/2008 1:33 PM   Monkan

Hi. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to studying medicine in the US. I've heard that Romania and Poland have a good reputation. Anybody know anything about it? Which schools are best etc?

RE: Study medicine in Romania?
5/8/2008 9:42 AM   Charlie

Hey! As far as I've heard both Romania and Poland have pretty good reputations for medicine. I think you may have to be ok with slightly different living standards then at home, but they keep their teaching facilities up to speed and modern. Have you checked to see if there's any more info on here?

5/22/2008 11:24 PM   peter

I can recommend to you University of Oradea or Cluj Napoca. The schools are good and experienced in dealing with international students' demands. /Peter from Denmark

5/24/2008 10:14 AM   cornflake

I am studying in Cluj, Romania, and I can say it's a pretty good university, but it depends very much what you make out of it. So if you are really intereseted in studying medical school they offer you everything you need to be a good doctor! :)

8/13/2008 11:17 AM   Monkan
Thanks for the tip you guys! I'll definitely look into Cluj. I've heard about it. Good to know people who go there like it! I'm looking into maybe starting medicine in the spring. Do they accept applications for then, or on for the fall semester?

8/31/2008 4:17 PM   armanuk

Hi guys. I would like to get some information about Cluj Univesity. I was offered a place for the dentistry course,and I just wondeing how is the city like and the university. Could you guys please help me? Thanx Arman

11/16/2008 1:15 AM   Rana
If you are interested in studying medicine affordable then we are accepting applications for Spring 2009. In International school of medicine which is located in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan is one of the upcoming medical program with present more than 500 students and the second batch of graduates will be completing in 2009. We have students from India, Pakistan, USA, Nepal, Singapore and more. If interested contact us at med.dr.edu@gmail.com

11/23/2008 1:06 PM   Kasper

Hey, my name is Kasper. I’m a student from Denmark who wants to study medicine. I want to become doctor because it is my dream and my passion. I will do my best to achieve my dream. I just want to know how hard or easy is it to get accepted in Romanian universities, which countries do the students that study there come from? Are there students from Scandinavia? How is the examination system? Is it possible to transfer from Romanian medical school to UK? What about the quality of med school in Romania? The reason I can’t study medicine in Denmark is that the admission requirement s are difficult. Are the people friendly? If you have been there, or plan on going there, any comments would be helpful. Can I use my degree in Denmark. Best regards, Kasper

11/25/2008 1:44 AM   adeeb

If you are interested in affordable medical program, then try the International School of Medicine. It is affordable, a 5 year MBBS program in English. Eligible to work in Europe, and all eastern countries. Can appear in USA residency program after passing the US exams. At present we are accepting application for 2009 Feb. If interested send a response at med.dr.edu@gmail.com -Rana

6/22/2009 9:17 PM   sekhon

Please send me more info

12/19/2009 7:06 AM   Davosferdinand

I am applying to one of the medical schools in Romania. The recruting agency I am using is ok so far (study med abroad). They even called me. I have a feeling it might be good to apply through them because my friend in the medical school in Romania went through them last year as well and he's doing fine now. Anyone have any other ideas?

RE: RE: Study medicine in Romania?
12/30/2009 11:28 AM   cok

Hi, please what about Gt. Popa medical school, Iasi? Is it ok? Heard there's a lot of corruption going on in Romanian schools. Which is the best? Thanks. Cok.

1/4/2010 6:08 PM   constantino

So, there is not any corruption going on in the romanian universities. So for more in formation please contact me at: constantino19662007@yahoo.com. Regards, Constantino

RE: RE: RE: Study medicine in Romania?
1/14/2010 10:44 PM   ok

What can you tell me about Oradea, Constanta, G T Popa. What is the best one? What are the difference between them. I thank you for any information. Can I apply to all free, is it possible. What do I need to do? Thanks, IISVS

RE: RE: RE: Study medicine in Romania?
1/14/2010 10:44 PM   ok

What can you tell me about Oradea, Constanta, G T Popa. What is the best one? What are the diference between them. I thank you any information. Can I apply to all free, is it possible? What do i need to do? Thanks IISVS

3/15/2010 7:41 PM   hadiobaid

I want to study medicine in Romainia. I have completed high school and foundation courses. Could you advise me?

3/29/2010 3:22 PM   SMA

Romanian medical schools are some of the affordable, yet quality medical schools available in the European union. There are 11 medical Schools in Romania and about 7 of them offer medicine in English (and some offer in French and German too). Some Universities also offer dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing in English too.

10/2/2010 12:30 AM   Alin Marga

I would suggest Luliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Cluj-Napoca city, County Cluj, Romania. I'm a former graduate of this school. Good luck to you!

3/16/2011 11:38 PM   Pru

Hi there,

I am the UK with a degree in Biomedical Science. I am looking to apply to Romanian Medical School for English taught Medicine. I like its affordable tuition fees and and living cost as well as its rapid development in culture. It is the first time I am investigating and would really appreciate any up-to-date advice on medicals school in Romania to apply for?

Are there also any graduate entry programs in Romania. I have only ran across 6 year long courses.

Also would you advice applying directly to the school or going the agency?

Would be great to hear from people who knows the schools there.

4/23/2011 10:44 AM   aaa

@Pru

If I'm understanding your first question correctly you're asking about specifically which Romanian schools are good? The general consensus among professionals that I know (age 30-70+) that now work in other European countries and America is that Cluj is the best, followed closely by Timisoara (which is cheaper). To put it in perspective, the rest of Europe will not care if your diploma is from either.

You can receive your MD without undergraduate studies in Europe. The 6 year course results in a MD and after that you can begin your post-graduate studies.

Apply directly through the school in absolutely every situation. All of the Romanian universities have staff whose job it is to process your documents for pre-registration and registration with a comparatively nominal processing fee of 100-150 euro.

6/6/2011 3:49 PM   farhan

I want contact anybody who can help me to study in Romania in medical. My address: (dr.farhanisrar@yahoo.com) -Thank you

6/30/2011 8:45 PM   Nazo

I must disagree with you aaa about which Romanian university is the best because it can mislead people and i think it's very important to have your facts straight before you decide about applying to a university. Cluj has made a good reputation, mostly because of the student recruiting agencies, but Bucharest is without any doubt the best place you can go; especially during the clinical years (last 3 years), which is the most important. Don't get me wrong, Cluj has a good university too, but it still remains a small east European town, with not too many hospitals and it's almost unheard of internationally. I know all this stuff because I transfered from Cluj to Bucharest and now I'm in my 5th year.
The university is perfectly accredited. I'm getting ready to do the USMLE step 1, after which i will be able to look for jobs at hospitals in the USA. I know people who have continued with their career in Germany and the UK and recommendation letters from some of the professors here are well received. I hope this helped someone. Good luck!

8/30/2011 3:55 AM   maddy

I will be happy to know if it is still possible to apply directly to the universities for september 2011 intake. I wish to apply to Oradea or Cluj.

8/30/2011 5:58 PM   Nazo

Hi maddy.
I know for sure that Cluj won't accept any more applications for this year, but I think you may still apply to Oradea. Good luck

9/8/2011 12:36 PM   nuts

I am interested to study in Romania can somebody help me in getting more info?

10/29/2011 11:08 PM   RealMadrid

@Nazo

Dear Nazo,

In regard of what you have written before, I would like to ask you few questions: Do you recommend to study Medicine in Carol Davilla University in Bucharest? Secondly, How much are the living expenses and spends are ( Accurate details are appreciated)? How do you find Bucharest, Are there dormitories for the students?

I'd be grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.

P.S You may leave you E-Mail somehow so we can speak further.

11/8/2011 2:13 AM   dr mo

Constanta University is getting tough these days if you want to apply you need to apply early. If you need to know how it works (application procedure) let me know as it has changed alot from last year. And they have limited space so it's first come first serve. It's accredited by GMC and when you finish here you can go direct to FY2 as you will have full registration from the GMC.

-Mo

11/9/2011 9:57 AM   Nazo

@ RealMadrid:

Hi. I think studying in any Romanian university is a good choice when it comes to getting a degree, because they are all accredited and after you receive your license, you will be able to find a job anywhere in the world. BUT, if you want to make your med school experience memorable, I would suggest you choose Cluj or of course Bucharest, which is the capital city and also the largest and most populous city in Romania.
Expenses: 300 Euro/month for a decent 2 room apartment in Bucharest + maybe 50 Euro for utilities and phone bill + 20 Euro/ day for food and other expenses.
I'm not sure about the situation at the dorms but I know that most foreign students choose to live in apartments. Although i know some people who have scholarships that live in the dormitories.

Sorry I don't feel comfortable leaving my e-mail address on a forum. If you wish to do so, I will contact you on that address.
Bye

11/9/2011 6:29 PM   Ryan

Hi guys. I'm kind of new here. I would like to ask a few questions. I heard about the International School of Medicine, how are the fees there for next year? Also, I want to go study In Cluj Napoca Medical school next year. I hear the English program is very good but I hear they said from 4th or 3rd year they teach in Romanian for the direct contact clinicals for and to patients. Does this mean that the English program part ends in 3rd year or the lectures continue in English??? If anyone can help me?

11/12/2011 5:23 PM   Pronoya

@Dr Mo

I want to apply in Constanta for 6 yrs medicine course for the 2012 September intake. I am from India but currently I am doing my bachelors from London, UK in microbiology. I will be graduating next year. But I think for admission in medicine I don't need my bachelors degree. High school mark sheet would be sufficient. So how do I proceed further?

Thanks

Pronoya.

11/17/2011 10:45 AM   Letstudy

Hi Pronoya,

I live here in Bucharest, Romania and we have assisted a lot of students with getting here.

Best regards

11/17/2011 12:01 PM   dr mo

Dear Pronoya, this is my e-mail: dr.mo.alazani@hotmail.co.uk send me a message and I will give you more details.

11/17/2011 7:14 PM   Ryan

Hi guys, can someone please answer my question if they have any info on it.

Thanks.

11/17/2011 11:04 PM   tmnasser

Hello
I want to do medicine in Romania in 2012. I am from India and am presently doing my plus in science stream. My course will be over by March 2012.

1/13/2012 8:30 PM   dr mo

Hi Tmnasser,
I'm a student in Romania in Constanta University. I'm in the 6th year now if you need any help with admission I can tell you what to do.

1/16/2012 3:52 PM   J

But if I go to Cluj Napoca I heard you study the 1st three yrs in English and from 4th year you start studying in Romanian language- is that true? If its true, then I think that's one of the major pitfalls to face.
Thanks,
J

1/16/2012 10:15 PM   dr mo

Yes, but Bucharest and Constanta Medicine is in English for the full 6 years. dr.mo.alazani@hotmail.co.uk -Dr. Mo

2/10/2012 11:46 AM   Navid

Hello! I would anyone that has studied the medicine programme (up to semester 9 but I was banned to continue my study due to my political activity against regime of Iran). In Sweden HÖGSKOLEVERKET (Swedish national agency for higher study) has determined my previous study is equal with a bachelor certificate of Biomedicine. I am interested to continue my study in medicine and surgery (Läkare programmet which is the usual name in Sweden) in your university until I complete my M.D. in the medicine field. Therefore, I would like to know if I am able to participate in the medicine programme from the third year or even from 4th year according my previous studied, or I should to start from the beginning once again? Could you please inform me as soon as possible what I have to do. Incidentally I have three years experience in pharmacy and microbiology laboratory in Iran and Turkey. Would you inform me also about the entrance exam or any other way of acceptance to start the programme? Which level of English is required (I have a good grade in English language from secondary high school in Sweden. Is this level and grade enough for entrance or it should be studied even English B or should I get a very good grade in exam in one of them?) I have already this kind of level for secondary school subjects grade biology B MVG '(20), natural science B MVG (20), chemistry B MVG (20 ), match C UPPER OF GOOD (20), physic B UPPER GOOD (16). I am continuing to improve my score grade in subject match and will like to study two semesters more Match up to level E in Sweden. Best regards 

2/21/2012 9:51 AM   BALGO

Hi, what is the monthly average living expense (accommodation, transport, food, utilities etc.) for a medical student in Bucharest?

3/16/2012 6:14 PM   Romail

Hi guys, can anyone help me please, I have biomedical science degree and I want do dentistry in Romania. I have some questions and would be grateful if anyone can answer them: which university is good for dentistry, can I move to second year as I a have degree in science, and who can I apply to (anyone used any agent). Some people say that degrees from certain Eastern Europe country are not acceptable in the UK such as Romania?

4/7/2012 5:35 PM   Diogo

If you fail to pass do you get expelled from the university like in Czech Republic?

4/16/2012 1:35 AM   nazar hussein

I love to study most of my time is spent studying. I have an HND aeronautical engineering degree, and now I’m looking for another path.

5/4/2012 2:44 PM   edward james

I will be very grateful if you can furnish me with more details regarding your medical school. -Edward.

5/9/2012 10:54 AM   benish

I passed high school exams in the 2nd division. Can I take admissions for the Mbbs in Romaina for any university?

5/15/2012 4:50 PM   ng

Hello! I would annonce you that I had studied Medicine programme (up to semester 9 but I was banned to continue my study due to my political activity against regime of Iran). In Sweden, Högskoleverket (Swedish national agency for higher study) has determained my previous study units equals with a Bachelor certificate of Biomedicine.

I am intrested to continue my study in medicine and surgery (Läkare programmet is the usual name in Sweden) in your university until complete my M.D in Medicine field. Therefore I would like to know if I am able to participate in Medicine programme on third year or even from 4th year according my previous studied units of study programme plan or should I start from the begining once again?

Could you please inform me as soon as possible what I have to do or what is your propose. Incidentally I have three years experience in a pharmacy and microbiology laboratory in Iran and Turkey. Is there an entrance exam or any other way of acceptance to start programme?

Which level of english is requested (I already have a good grade in English language from secondary high school in Sweden. Is this level and grade enough for entrance or should I have studied even English B or should I get a very good grade in exam in one of the levels?) I have already this kind of level for secondary school subjects.

Grades: Biology B MVG (20). Nature science B MVG (20). Chemistry B MVG (20). Math C UPPER OF GOOD (20). Physics B UPPER GOOD (16). I am going to improve my grade in Math and will like to study tow semester more Math upp to level E in Sweden.

Best regards

6/9/2012 11:19 AM   Casmir

Hi, You may transfer into the third or fourth year if you have completed the major courses offered in the 1st, 2nd and third year in the previous programs you completed. Send your transcript and certificates to admissions@ucacrom. They will be reviewed and you will get an answer on which year you may be admitted to. Also send your English results and your high school certificate for review. thanks

6/25/2012 11:01 PM   mihai

In Iasi everything is half price cheaper than Bucharest. In Iasi 1 room central apartment is 100-150 euro; in Bucharest is 200-250 euro in an old building. Don't forget, in Iasi is Gr T Popa, the oldest (since 1860) and -some people says- the most prestigious medicine university. I had long conversations with foreign students, which I helped to learn Romanian language, re-writing shorter courses, explaining what they don’t understand; they are my friends now. In Iasi is also a Technic University, Economic, Law Univ., Foreign Language, etc. For more info, feel free to contact me at mihai_iacomi@yahoo.com

8/28/2012 6:28 PM   Furqan

Dear Sir: I am looking for the studies in the radiology and surgery in Romania. I do not know if I should apply in hospitals or in a university, and how can I apply. I am an Iraqi doctor and have bachelor degree from Baghdad university/Iraq. Please help me with the information . Best regards Furqan

10/7/2012 5:27 PM   as

Please contact me this is my email address susan.nakayzia@yahoo.com I am in my final in year and I am hoping to study medicine in Romania, Estonia, or Poland but I have no idea of any university in Romania and I am in need of help, please contact me on my email address above please help me. 

11/1/2012 12:56 PM   larisa

Hi everyone!!! Does anyone have information on the medical degree in Brashov? thank you

11/17/2012 3:50 PM   Nesta

Hi everyone is there a 4 year MD program in Romania, and if someone has a BS and pre -med in medical lab can they transfer?

RE: Study medicine in Romania
11/28/2012 10:18 PM   billyboy

Hey, I want to study medicine in Romania and i just want to ask u some things: 1st can u please tell me how do you find the difficulty of the medicine studies? Is it very hard to finish the university? 2nd if I fail in a lesson can I try to give it again or they will send me away? How many chances do I have (if I have any)? 3rd I want to study in Bucharest which is your opinion regarding the cost of life in your city and in Romania generally. Also, I wanted to know how the people and the professors there (the Romanian) treat you as a foreigner? I’m from Greece and I haven't heard anything about that issue. Are any Greek students in your city? Finally, I want to know the difficulties you’re faced with the Romanian language. Is it difficult to learn another language while you are studying in English? Thanks for your time I hope you answer this message.

12/14/2012 7:09 AM   wahab shabir

I study in Romania for medicine

12/23/2012 7:40 PM   NaYa

Hi there, I’m a fifth year medicine student in Syria, due to what's going on in my country it's almost impossible for me to complete my studies here. Can I transfer to a Romanian university? What year will I be? I would appreciate any info given. I’d like to know the fees and living expenses too. Thanks a lot in advanced -Naya

12/27/2012 11:20 AM   Gha

Hi. I am a Malaysian. I would like to know how much it costs for doing medicine in Romania? Not including living cost and personal expenses. I hope for a reply. Thanks.

Studying medicine in Romania
1/8/2013 3:56 PM   spa
@Gha. On the Cluj university side you can find the taxes: http://www.umfcluj.ro/Document_Files/Informatii-de-interes-public/00000287/efui0_DOC027.PDF. But I found the taxes only for European countries: The first four years it's 5000 euros/year, in the 5th year is 12000lei (that would be ~3000euros) and in the 6th year the tax is 9900 lei(~2200 euros). These are the taxes for the Cluj med university. As for Timisoara, the tax is 4000 euros/year, but the university is not as good as the one in Cluj. In Bucharest the taxes are also 5000euros/year. I hope this was helpful. @NaYa. It is possible to move, only from the second year to the penultimate year(in your case the fifth). You should try to email the university and ask.

1/28/2013 9:56 AM   MEDSTUDENT2013

Hello everyone, I will like to study Medicine in English Romania. I already hold a bachelor’s degree in Medical sciences. Please I would like to know which Universities always have highest number of available seats for Non-EU students. Also, what are the tuition fees for each of the Universities? Thanks, every answer will be appreciated.

2/19/2013 10:34 AM   dr.singh

Hello medstudent2013, I’m Dr. Singh, yes seats will be available for non-eu countries but what is your native country? Tuition fees varies between 3300 euro - 5000 depending on the university. If you need and assistance or help feel free to contact me at: contact@future-docs.com -Dr. Singh

2/19/2013 10:37 AM   dr.singh

Hello Naya, yes you can transfer and you will be joining the studies in 5th year. Tuition fees varies between 3300 euro - 5000 e depending on the universities if you need any assistance or help feel free to contact me at contact@future-docs.com Dr. Singh

2/20/2013 9:53 PM   Ashley

Hi, I think all the universities have a lot of seats but you need to apply early to be sure that you will get a place somewhere. The school fees are between 3600 to 5000 euros, this depends on the university! And it will be quite easy for you because you have a bachelors degree in medical sciences.

2/20/2013 10:01 PM   Ashley

I think yes it should be possible to transfer but they may put you in the 3th or 4th year that will be the problem. The fees depend on the university it but are between 3600 to 5000 euros a year. You need at least 500 euro each month for living, also it depends on the city you will be in. 

2/20/2013 10:06 PM   Ashley

Hi, have you gotten the information you wanted about studies in Romania?

3/6/2013 5:14 PM   lollav

Hi, I wonder about Oradea, how much are the school fees? Is it easy to get accepted? How is the entrance exam? Thanks, hope someone can help me. Regards

3/15/2013 7:40 AM   Chandra

Are you still assisting in admission to Romanian Medical schools? Please let me know: mcsv18@hotmail.com

want to transfer into german medical school
4/30/2013 12:23 AM   Waqas

I am a Pakistani and studying general medicine 2nd year in Romania. I want to take transfer into your university but after finished the 2nd year here. I am studying medicine in the English language and at your university I want to study in the German language so, can you sort out that after finished the 2nd year of medicine? From Romania how can take the 3rd year with German language? Thanks a lot in advance.

5/12/2013 11:46 PM   christine kisuule

Hello, I am from Canada, but thinking about how I could enroll into medical school in Romania. Since you were brave enough to go through six year program, could you tell me how you enrolled, and how you survived the workload. Are the credentials acceptable internationally? Please keep me informed by emailing me at christinekisuule283@gmail.com. Stay blessed is my prayer.

5/15/2013 10:47 AM   tara z

Hi, Hungary and Poland are the best schools for medicine. Romania is not good

5/19/2013 3:11 AM   G4B3R

Hello, I am currently enrolling students who want to study medicine in Europe, who do not have the required qualification to enter Medicine in their country. If you are Interested please contact me : alazani29@hotmail.com

5/19/2013 1:27 PM   np93

@armanuk Hey I was thinking about doing dentistry in Romania, but on some websites I’ve seen that the first 3 years are in English and then the last 3 years are in Romanian. Did you go to Cluj? What is that like?

5/25/2013 7:02 PM   Peter

Stay away from university of medicine and pharmacy Gr.T Popa in Iasi, and the medical university in Constanta. You'll have to pay to pass all the exams. Tuition fee is 5000 € per year in Gr.T Popa + at least 2000-3000 to pass exams.

5/26/2013 3:30 PM   Sara

Hej, Ville høre om du kom ind? Jeg er selv fra Danmark og vil virkelig gerne studere medicine i Rumænien, ved bare ikke særlig meget om det? Og ved du eventuelt noget om staten betaler SU, hvis jeg studere Medicine i Rumænien? Hilsen, Sara

MR
5/29/2013 8:08 PM   SAMBA

Really nice to see your program is ok.

6/16/2013 9:52 PM   Usman Hussain
Would anyone recommend the medical school in Iasi, also is there bribing in Romanian medical schools?

6/18/2013 9:34 PM   Samira
Hi I wanted to study in Romania, however in order to get admitted to 2014-2015 academic year is it too early to apply now or is it a good timing. I also haven't got any certificates as I'm currently doing my A-levels in UK, and the certificate will be given in august 2014. So my question is can I apply now before my results?

8/20/2013 10:26 PM   Bianca

Is there anyone here studying at the medical university in Iasi? Is it true that we have to pay to pass exams? I have applied here and to Cluj Napoca. I am very worried now. Any help/information would be much appreciated.

10/18/2013 11:37 AM   Clément

Hello everyone. For those who are worried about Romania, I remind you that Spain is a good option. At UEM, we teach in English as well dentistry and physiotherapy. If you're interested, just answer here!

2/25/2014 9:25 PM   ANDREAS DIAKIDIS

Hello, I have a son who would like to study medicine in Romania. I did a little research and I found that Cluj Napoca Medical University is a good choice according to my criteria and needs. I would like to know what your opinion is and if you know any Greek students who study there at this time. Thank you in advance for your opinion, it will be very useful. -Andreas 

5/19/2014 10:59 PM   Ahmed Talib

Hi there, do you guys do Medicine in English?

6/29/2014 10:51 AM   nimco

Hi!

I need some information about Oradea University. Can you help me?

8/23/2014 10:17 AM   study in romania

Several reasons to study in Romania : 
Admission without competition on the basis of application form, without competition, no discrimination based on preliminary failure: students who tried the medicine in Romania and elsewhere or stranded may be admitted medicine in Romania. Passage one year to another without competition based on having passed his exams ; once admitted,  no other selection competition, instead of speaking ability 3000 ; small groups of a dozen people for practical work for the first year; Direct access to teachers and assistants for consultation ; Mutual aid between the old and new students, regular checks encouraging students to study; Possibility to change the power (transfer ) students are better supported and encouraged throughout the academic career studying the great success which could go up 80% see , the key is proper preparation of the registration dossier and present in a university appropriate medicine.

8/27/2014 2:42 PM   Danish Malik

Waqas can you please tell me the procedure to get into Romanian medical school? I will be thankful.

9/12/2014 10:00 PM   Dr.annie

I can help you and advice you if you're serious about studying medicine in Romania, definitely wouldn't advice Oradea. Iasi is a great medical university, in fact I prefer it more than Bucharest as it's more of a university town filled with students so more work done. More disciplined than most others like Oradea and Constanta. I can help you get a place here now that I know the system myself.

10/16/2014 2:54 PM   Eleganceforever@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Annie, 
I have 27 year old daughter and currently doing international baccalaureate in UK. I'm interested in getting her into medical university in Romania. Could you please advise me how can I take it forward and can apply for student loans ?

10/16/2014 2:55 PM   Eleganceforever@hotmail.co.uk
Hi Annie
I have 17 year old daughter and currently doing international baccalaureate in UK .
I'm interested in getting her into medical university in Romania. Could you please advise me how can I take it forward and can apply for students loan ?

10/28/2014 10:55 PM   Ahmed

Hi,

I am interested to medical studies from any european country. Could you please let me know if there is chance in any university for this year or one has to think for next year?

10/29/2014 10:13 AM   Brittany Holtsinger

Hi, 

There are many options to study medicine in a European university. You may search through the universities we have listed on our site for medical programs here. Once you find a program of interest, complete an information request form on the page. This will be sent directly to the university and they can assist you with admission dates. 

Best, 

Educations.com

german student in romania
12/14/2014 7:30 AM   stefan

Hello,
I am German and I want to enroll for first year medicine in Romania next academic year. Do you know if it is possible to transfer to Germany after one year in Romania and what are the criteria that need to be met?
Thank you!

1/18/2015 9:51 PM   FutureDoc

Hi,
I'm looking to move to Romania for my medical studies, I have been advised by a friend to apply to Cluj which I am looking to do so do you know about any other good universities how is the process application like?
Thank you,
H

3/4/2015 11:39 PM   medicine

Hey,

Does anyone have information about entrance exam? When admission will be open to medicine studies in Romania?
How does it work if I have nursing bachelor degree?

Lukas

3/19/2015 1:01 PM   Laura

Hi everyone, I'm trying to apply into G.T Popa in Lasi for dentistry program in English.
Are there any graduates or students from the school be able to share some information with me? For example the exam system and living cost, ect .Thank you so much for answering !

3/31/2015 10:29 AM   Bella

Hello, 
I wanted to ask you if in Spain they teach general medicine in English?

4/19/2015 12:00 AM   GeorgiaK

Hello there! I am a medical student and I am studying in Slovakia in Bratislava! I think it has a better reputation than Bulgaria..

Well the university is really good is called Comenius University think about it!

4/29/2015 1:00 PM   mohammad

Hello I want to apply to IASI, there is an agency that is helping me, but I fear they might be spamming me or something. Please contact me at: mohamad.kasim24@gmail.com

7/17/2015 12:26 PM   Basl77

Hi, there

Would you please offer your opinion on the Romanian medical schools? Which are the top ones, and which ones are preferable? The ones that require students to speak Romanian starting the 3rd year, or the ones that have you speak English throughout the entire program? If I study in Romania, I'd eventually like to transfer to the US one day. How can I contact the schools directly? I have tried Carol (submitted an online application form), but received no response. Currently I'm in touch with one of the private agencies, which has asked for about 1,400 euros to guarantee me a seat at a university. But I've gotten a feeling that some of my questions about details of school programs are not being answered, and so I have doubts about going through them. Why can I not find direct contact info anywhere to the schools?

Thank you

8/17/2015 4:20 PM   cathy carabenciov

Hi Nazo, I'm just following with you in regards to your medical school. I'm very interested to see how you did after you graduated from a Medical School in Romania. Have you been able to get into residency program in USA? I would like to send my daughter to Romania (my home country) to study medicine there. Please advise. Thanks, Cathy from Florida

9/5/2015 8:18 AM   Paula Mincey

This may depend where you are staying and your choice of field.

11/5/2015 12:33 PM   waleeD

From which month does the MMBS admission start in Romania?

12/13/2015 3:54 AM   cardiologist

Admissions starts from June or July. 1st semester starts end of September. I found a lot of useful info on this website!

2/21/2016 1:47 PM   theodes

I will really wish to know the details about medical programs in Romania.

2/24/2016 2:07 PM   braaadepiitte

Russia is the top most country in providing good education.

2/24/2016 2:55 PM   Usha

I have 2 daughters who wish to study medicine in Romania. How can I get the details?

3/29/2016 12:13 PM   Shine

Is it possible to do mbbs course in Romania after finishing 10th studies?

4/13/2016 3:15 PM   Graduated entry

Good morning people, anyone knows the fees for graduated entry in medicine in Romania? I am asking because the agency I am contacting is charging more money for 4 year medical course than for the 6 year course with normal entry.

If someone can help?

4/18/2016 11:28 AM   antonio

Hello I am applying this year, could you let me know the agency you did the application with?

4/20/2016 2:48 PM   ayaf

Hi, I want to study in Romania in Cluj. One student told me its very difficult to get admission in Cluj unless you pay 1500 euro to an agency, is there any one who can assist me? Should I apply directly or through an agency?

4/28/2016 2:01 PM   andreas omidfar

Hi, i think its better to go though an agency because its more secure. I wanted to ask which agencies you know. And if you can give me the names for a medical uni?

5/17/2016 1:20 AM   Vera

I would NOT recommend you to apply for University of medicine and pharmacy in Iasi. Firstly the teachers are rude, secondly the teachers and the administration are sneaky. They'll at one point force you to pay 500€ for each exam you take. I've studied here for 5 years now, and it's the same thing every year. A lot of student had to leave the university and start from the first year somewhere else.

If I was you, I wouldn't waste time or money on this university. The medical university in Cluj and Timisoara are the best ones in Romania by the way.

Good luck with applying.

5/17/2016 1:26 AM   Jamal

The Fee is depending on the university, but here are the ones that are official: 

• University of medicine and pharmacy Iasi 5000€/year
  • University of medicine Cluj 5000€/year
  • Victor Babes Timisoara medical university 4500€/year
  • Oradea university faculty of medicine 4500€/year

By the way, I would recommend you to apply directly to the university rather than using a agency, unless you're living in a different continent.

Best regards.

7/23/2016 5:32 PM   dishaq41@gmail.com

I am Dr. Ishaq from Pakistan. I have graduated from a Romanian university in 2001 in medicine in English. This was first batch in english and I am working in UAE now. It is one of the best universities in Romania. The people are very friendly. Accomodation and rest of expenses are less then Ias, Cluj, and Constanta. It is a WHO recognised university with well trained teaching staff. Best of Luck

4/14/2017 3:46 PM   Dani

Hi! My name is Daniella, im going to apply to study medicine in UMF in Cluj- Napoca. That's my ultimate goal! I would like to talk to someone who is studying in Cluj right now. I wish to get some good advice and maybe some help with applying to the school.

Best Regards!

(future) Dr Dani

4/22/2017 8:54 AM   msundae

Hello. l would like to enquire on the issue of exemption in medical schools in Romania. Does one do the whole 6 years if they already have an honors degree in a biological degree? and also how can a foreign student in this case obtain a scholarship? thank you

5/5/2017 10:08 AM   Josh, Educations.com team

Hi there,

Your best bet will be to contact the universities directly to see what their entry requirements are. Some universities will allow cross crediting, meaning that credits from previous qualifications can count towards the new degree, meaning you may not need to take certain courses as part of your continued studies.

You can learn more about studying in Romania here and learn more about scholarships in general here.

Best of luck,

Josh, Educations.com team 

7/10/2017 5:28 PM   Fatima

Is there dentistry in English in Bucharest ?

7/19/2017 8:51 PM   mg1389

Hi,

Have you been able to find any schools that accept credit transfers in order to enrol onto an upper year? I have the same issue too!

8/31/2017 12:50 PM   Josh, educations.com team

Hi Fatima,

Here are all the dentisty-related programs we have listed on our site:

https://www.educations.com/search/dentistry

Unfortunately, it looks like there aren't any in Bucharest, but there are in some other very exciting countries! 

Best of luck,

Josh, educations.com team

Find education within category

Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe

Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!

Applications are now open

Get study abroad news directly in your inbox!

Subscribe to the educations.com newsletter to get our monthly newsletter and news about scholarships, competitions, and more!

This field is used for controlling automatic form submits. Please leave it blank:
Enter your details:

Like us?

Leave a review on Facebook so we can help others like you find their perfect study abroad adventure!

Recommend us ⭐